Top 10 Recommended Paint/Gel coat maintenance tips after waxing your boat
WASH DOWN REMINDERS
- If using water from the dock make sure it goes through a proper wet spot water filter to remove hard minerals.
- Using onboard water is optimal as it usually goes through a few staging filters to provide the softest cleanest water.
- For the 1st couple of weeks your initial rinse before wash will remove 80% of salt and dirt.
- Remember you can never give a boat enough water so soak really good before applying soap and mitt to clean your boat.
- All though we recommend Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo as an ideal wash down soap after waxing your boat because of it’s near neutral PH, any soft automotive gel-soap will work (Mcquires Gold automotive soap is good)
- Make sure to use proper concentrate to water ratio -it’s best to fill your bucket with water 1st before adding soap to prevent over concentration that will burn your boats painted surface.
- We recommend a soft wool pad that wraps around a backing plate and onto the shurhold pole, often used to wash overheads this pad minimizes friction.
- Use Soft blue Shurhold deck brushes only should you not like using the wool pad, remember Yellow bristle Brushes are a bit course and only to be used on the decks and or Hull.
- We highly recommend buying a few bottles of Permanon wash down gel soap-USE 1 time per month while washing your boat-this will clean and add wax to the existing coating to help bolster it.
- Buy some Permanon maintenance spray, this applies like an instant detail, just spray on (wipe in with a clean micro-fiber and remove with another clean micro-fiber) this spray is excellent for every type of surface-just remember to do small areas at a time when applying in direct sunlight-it’s best to apply in the shade.
Needing your boat detailed?
Needing your boat waxed or put on a regular maintenance plan?
Call Freedom Yacht Services Today for a free estimate! 954-732-8916